This week on the Way of Champions Podcast we welcome Bo Hanson, 4x Olympian and 3x Olympic Medalist. We talk about using failure in childhood as fuel to success in adulthood, setting goals and defining values with teammates, and why a lack of role clarity leads to a bad culture.
Bo Hanson’s career within the sport and the business sector spans over 20 years, delivering leadership, management and coach development. In addition to his own athletic career comprising of four Olympic appearances and including three Olympic medals, Bo has worked for many years with coaches and athletes from over 40 different sports across the globe.
Bo’s ability to improve the coaching strategies and performance of his clients has resulted in over 18 national championships, Olympic medals and pro team premierships in the last five years alone. Long-standing working relationships and consistent high-quality feedback from his clients are testimony to his ability to understand, connect, design and deliver exceptional work.
Highlights from the Podcast:
- How are things in Australia during this time?
- What did struggling to win as a child help fuel later success?
- Your “Internal” scoreboard
- How does a team become constantly successful?
- Goal setting and defining Values
- Teaching teammates to accept and appreciate feedback
- Why is a lack of role clarity lead to a bad culture?
- Being the best player for the team and not just the best player on the team
- How to facilitate difficult conversations between athletes
- Why are the foundations of sport psychology not being taught in schools?
Connect with Bo Hanson
- Website: https://www.athleteassessments.com/about-bo-hanson
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/athleteassessments/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/athleteassessments/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AthleteAssess/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/athlete-assessments
Help Support the Podcast!
Become a Podcast Champion! …and get FREE access to ALL of our online courses.
If you love the podcast, we would love for you to become a Podcast Champion, (https://www.patreon.com/wayofchampions) for as little as a cup of coffee per month (OK, its a Venti Mocha), to help us up the ante and provide even better interviews, better sound, and an overall enhanced experience. Plus, as a $10 per month Podcast Super-Champion, you will have access to never before released and bonus material, including:
- Downloadable transcripts of the podcasts, so you don’t have to crash your car trying to take notes!
- A monthly discussion with John, James, Jerry, and other special guests talking about the previous month’s episodes and answering some of the FAQs we received that month
- A code to get free access to our online course called “Coaching Mastery,” usually a $97 course, but yours for free for becoming a patron.
- Access to an online community of coaches like you who are dedicated listeners of the podcast, and will be able to answer your questions and share their coaching experiences.
Thank you for all your support these past two years, and a special big thank you to all of you who become part of our inner circle, our patrons, who will enable us to take our podcast to the next level. https://www.patreon.com/wayofchampions