This week on the 200th episode of the Way of Champions Podcast we invite a few of our Podcast Champions to ask questions to John, Jerry, and James. It has been a wonderful journey the last few years to spend time with some of the best minds in the sports community. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for your support and for allowing us to be a part of your own athletic journey.
The questions below were what was asked but so much more was discussed! For an invitation to be on the next time we bring on our Podcast Champions, visit www.patreon.com/wayofchampions and join the community today!
Questions from the Podcast:
– Mark Hesse: How can we support coaches who are managing pandemic restrictions? (11:20)
– Thomas Cooke: As a sports parent, I struggle to find her resources to grow into her potential. What are some resources I can share with her in a way that she will receive it? (18:15)
– Jeremy Hobbs: What are some ideas on having a group of adults join an “advisory” type group to help guide decisions within an organization? (34:30)
– Ted Panczyszyn: How do I manage my teams with all the different changes in mandates coming from the league and the government? (43:30)
– Sean Large: What are some specific ways we, as coaches, as volunteers, as parents, can help change the system from the inside? (49:15)
– Ted Panczyszyn: How can we build a stronger community within my organization? (1:06:10)
– Norm Jones: What is the most effective way to strengthen the Athlete – Coach – Parent triad so that everyone is on the same page in regards to educating the athlete about important lessons of life? (1:15:00)
The Way of Champions Podcast is brought to you by Sports Refund. When kids sign up to play youth sports there are always fees involved. And parents pay those fees so their child can be on the team, not the injury report. That’s why I love Sports Refund, and parents will too. Sports Refund is low-cost sports fee insurance – NOT health insurance, sports fee insurance. So if your child becomes injured or sick and can’t play, you get your fees reimbursed for that lost time, from one game to an entire season. It’s that simple. This product not only saves families wasted fees, it saves injured athletes the stress of feeling like they’re wasting their parents’ money. The fees come back until the player comes back. So they can focus on fully recovering and making a healthy return to the game. Sports Refund has options for individuals and organizations. Ask your club if they offer it, or visit SportsRefund.com/Game to learn more and sign up today. Can’t Play? Don’t Pay!
Help Support the Podcast!
Downloadable transcripts of the podcasts, so you don’t have to crash your car trying to take notes!
A monthly discussion with John, James, Jerry, and other special guests talking about the previous month’s episodes and answering some of the FAQs we received that month
A code to get free access to our online course called “Coaching Mastery,” usually a $97 course, but yours for free for becoming a patron.
Access to an online community of coaches like you who are dedicated listeners of the podcast, and will be able to answer your questions and share their coaching experiences.