This week on the Way of Champions Podcast we welcome Travis Thomas. Travis Thomas is a best-selling author, well-known speaker, and the creator of LiveYesAnd.com. He currently works with US Soccer teaching leadership and culture to some of the best soccer player sin the world. During our time together, we dive into Travis’ journey to creating LiveYesAnd.com, using improv to help athletes perform better, and what it is like working with US Soccer.
Thomas started “Live Yes, And!” to help individuals, teams, and companies discover their inner brilliance through a commitment to purpose, authenticity and collaboration. For more than two years, Thomas served as a leadership coach at IMG Academy where he worked with youth, collegiate and professional athletes from all over the world and all different sports. He used the games and exercises of improvisation, combined with personal development ideas, to teach mindset, teamwork, character and collaboration. For the last four years, Thomas has been traveling around the world to work with companies, schools and sports teams, and has presented to companies like AIG, Johnson & Johnson, and Citigroup and for sports teams including the Chicago Cubs, Miami Marlins, New York Yankees and Georgia Football.
The Way of Champions Podcast is brought to you by Sports Refund. When kids sign up to play youth sports there are always fees involved. And parents pay those fees so their child can be on the team, not the injury report. That’s why I love Sports Refund, and parents will too. Sports Refund is low-cost sports fee insurance – NOT health insurance, sports fee insurance. So if your child becomes injured or sick and can’t play, you get your fees reimbursed for that lost time, from one game to an entire season. It’s that simple. This product not only saves families wasted fees, it saves injured athletes the stress of feeling like they’re wasting their parents’ money. The fees come back until the player comes back. So they can focus on fully recovering and making a healthy return to the game. Sports Refund has options for individuals and organizations. Ask your club if they offer it, or visit SportsRefund.com/Game to learn more and sign up today. That’s SportsRefund.com/Game. Can’t Play? Don’t Pay. With Sports Refund.
Highlights from the Podcast:
- Travis talks about his journey to creating LiveYesAnd.com
- What is “Yes, And”?
- How using improv comedy can make athletes better teammates
- What was the best part about working at IMG in leadership development?
- Travis shares a story of an NFL quarterback using memories to change emotional state
- What it’s like working with US Soccer
- How does the character of a coach effect their ability to effectively coach?
- Check out Travis’s book “3 Words for Getting Unstuck”
Connect with Travis:
Help Support the Podcast!
Become a Podcast Champion! …and get FREE access to ALL of our online courses.
If you love the podcast, we would love for you to become a Podcast Champion, (https://www.patreon.com/wayofchampions) for as little as a cup of coffee per month (OK, its a Venti Mocha), to help us up the ante and provide even better interviews, better sound, and an overall enhanced experience. Plus, as a $10 per month Podcast Super-Champion, you will have access to never before released and bonus material, including:
- Downloadable transcripts of the podcasts, so you don’t have to crash your car trying to take notes!
- A monthly discussion with John, James, Jerry, and other special guests talking about the previous month’s episodes and answering some of the FAQs we received that month
- A code to get free access to our online course called “Coaching Mastery,” usually a $97 course, but yours for free for becoming a patron.
- Access to an online community of coaches like you who are dedicated listeners of the podcast, and will be able to answer your questions and share their coaching experiences.
Thank you for all your support these past two years, and a special big thank you to all of you who become part of our inner circle, our patrons, who will enable us to take our podcast to the next level. https://www.patreon.com/wayofchampions