This week on the Way of Champions Podcast we welcome Bill Beaney, 8x NCAA Champion Hockey Coach. Coach Beaney has coached hockey teams in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine, and has been the head coach at Middlebury since 1986. He led the Middlebury hockey team to eight NCAA Division III men’s ice hockey championships from 1995 to 2006 and ranks 11th all-time among college men’s ice hockey coaches with 543 wins.
The Way of Champions Podcast is brought to you by Sports Refund. When kids sign up to play youth sports there are always fees involved. And parents pay those fees so their child can be on the team, not the injury report. That’s why I love Sports Refund, and parents will too. Sports Refund is low-cost sports fee insurance – NOT health insurance, sports fee insurance. So if your child becomes injured or sick and can’t play, you get your fees reimbursed for that lost time, from one game to an entire season. It’s that simple. This product not only saves families wasted fees, it saves injured athletes the stress of feeling like they’re wasting their parents’ money. The fees come back until the player comes back. So they can focus on fully recovering and making a healthy return to the game. Sports Refund has options for individuals and organizations. Ask your club if they offer it, or visit SportsRefund.com/Game to learn more and sign up today. That’s SportsRefund.com/Game. Can’t Play? Don’t Pay. With Sports Refund.
Highlights from the Podcast:
- Coach Beaney’s coaching journey
- Why is it important to change things up when things are going well?
- What is one of the best ways to find player success?
- How does coaching soccer and ice hockey make someone a better coach in both sports?
- How important is sharing ideas and communicating with players?
- Youth Sports and what is missing to make more athletes successful
- The importance of letting players experiment to help them fall in love with the game
- Developing leaders and inspiring athletes at a young age
- Have kids really changed?
- How to get players excited about practice and allow them to keep each other accountable
Help Support the Podcast!
Become a Podcast Champion! …and get FREE access to ALL of our online courses.
If you love the podcast, we would love for you to become a Podcast Champion, (https://www.patreon.com/wayofchampions) for as little as a cup of coffee per month (OK, its a Venti Mocha), to help us up the ante and provide even better interviews, better sound, and an overall enhanced experience. Plus, as a $10 per month Podcast Super-Champion, you will have access to never before released and bonus material, including:
- Downloadable transcripts of the podcasts, so you don’t have to crash your car trying to take notes!
- A monthly discussion with John, James, Jerry, and other special guests talking about the previous month’s episodes and answering some of the FAQs we received that month
- A code to get free access to our online course called “Coaching Mastery,” usually a $97 course, but yours for free for becoming a patron.
- Access to an online community of coaches like you who are dedicated listeners of the podcast, and will be able to answer your questions and share their coaching experiences.
Thank you for all your support these past two years, and a special big thank you to all of you who become part of our inner circle, our patrons, who will enable us to take our podcast to the next level. https://www.patreon.com/wayofchampions