This week on the Way of Champions Podcast we welcome Martin St Louis, a Canadian retired professional ice hockey player. What if we were all really good at getting better? Take out your notepad and something to write with and get ready or some great insight on becoming a tremendous athlete from a hockey player who the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy as the NHL’s most gentlemanly player.
About Martin St Louis
St. Louis played over 1,000 games and scored 1,000 points in an NHL career that began with the Calgary Flames in 1998 and ended with the New York Rangers in 2015. St. Louis is best remembered for having played with the Tampa Bay Lightning from 2000 until being traded to the Rangers in 2014. He also briefly played with HC Lausanne of the Swiss National League A. He was a member of the Tampa Bay Lightning Stanley Cup championship team in 2004. St. Louis was elected into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2018; his first year of eligibility.
Highlights from the Podcast:
- What drove Martin to work hard and get into the NHL?
- How did playing with 16 year olds as a 12 year old help when Martin got older?
- How to help your child improve as a parent
- What are some ways to install the passion of playing a sport in kids?
- What was it like to go to a new system (Tampa) and struggle at first?
- How do you build confidence as an athlete?
- Is talent enough to make it to the pros?
- How do you not push your passion onto your kids when they don’t want it?
Help Support the Podcast!
Become a Podcast Champion! …and get FREE access to ALL of our online courses.
If you love the podcast, we would love for you to become a Podcast Champion, (https://www.patreon.com/wayofchampions) for as little as a cup of coffee per month (OK, its a Venti Mocha), to help us up the ante and provide even better interviews, better sound, and an overall enhanced experience. Plus, as a $10 per month Podcast Super-Champion, you will have access to never before released and bonus material, including:
- Downloadable transcripts of the podcasts, so you don’t have to crash your car trying to take notes!
- A monthly discussion with John, James, Jerry, and other special guests talking about the previous month’s episodes and answering some of the FAQs we received that month
- A code to get free access to our online course called “Coaching Mastery,” usually a $97 course, but yours for free for becoming a patron.
- Access to an online community of coaches like you who are dedicated listeners of the podcast, and will be able to answer your questions and share their coaching experiences.
Thank you for all your support these past two years, and a special big thank you to all of you who become part of our inner circle, our patrons, who will enable us to take our podcast to the next level. https://www.patreon.com/wayofchampions