This week on the Way of Champions Podcast, we welcome back Sport Psychology consultant Dr. Rob Bell. Dr. Bell is a Certified Mental Performance Coach of the Association for Applied Sport Psychology. We dive into many important topics, including helping our kids overcome hardships, recognizing the big moments that define us, and his new book, Puke & Rally: It’s Not About The Setback, It’s About The Comeback.
Since 2006 he’s consulted with hundreds of athletes, coaches, and teams. He also currently serves as a Sport Psychology coach for Indy Eleven pro soccer team, and University of Notre Dame. He has worked with winners on the PGA Tour, an Olympic Silver medalist, ATP Champion, and the 2013 USTA National Champion. He has spoken to Marriott, and Walgreens and has caddied over 20+ events on professional golf tours. A former university professor Dr. Bell has been featured on ESPN, The Golf Channel, Runner’s World, NY Times and Stack Magazine. Connect with Dr. Bell on his website, Twitter Profile, YouTube Channel, and Facebook Page.
Highlights from the Podcast:
- Dr. Bell shares the motivation for his new book, Puke and Rally
- How can we recognize the big moments in our lives, and what to do about it?
- “You cannot want it for them.” (speaking of a parents kids)
- The story of overcoming hardship as musician Lindsey Sterling
- How to teach kids to handle setbacks
- If parents really knew what the life of a pro-athlete is, would parents want their kids to do that?
- Dr. Bell shares some tools to help kids positively frame the setbacks
- The power of the debrief when emotions have settled and time has passed since performance
- Why does Dr. Bell not believe in setting New Year’s resolutions?
- Puke & Rally: It’s Not About The Setback, It’s About The Comeback
- WOC Episode #51 No One Gets There Alone with Sports Psychologist Rob Bell
- NO ONE Gets There ALONE
- The Hinge: The Importance of Mental Toughness
Help Support the Podcast!
Become a Podcast Champion! …and get FREE access to ALL of our online courses.
If you love the podcast, we would love for you to become a Podcast Champion, (https://www.patreon.com/wayofchampions) for as little as a cup of coffee per month (OK, its a Venti Mocha), to help us up the ante and provide even better interviews, better sound, and an overall enhanced experience. Plus, as a $10 per month Podcast Super-Champion, you will have access to never before released and bonus material, including:
- Downloadable transcripts of the podcasts, so you don’t have to crash your car trying to take notes!
- A monthly discussion with John, James, Jerry, and other special guests talking about the previous month’s episodes and answering some of the FAQs we received that month
- A code to get free access to our online course called “Coaching Mastery,” usually a $97 course, but yours for free for becoming a patron.
- Access to an online community of coaches like you who are dedicated listeners of the podcast, and will be able to answer your questions and share their coaching experiences.
Thank you for all your support these past two years, and a special big thank you to all of you who become part of our inner circle, our patrons, who will enable us to take our podcast to the next level. https://www.patreon.com/wayofchampions