In John’s new book, he discusses how the single greatest factor affecting a young athletes performance is his or her state of mind, yet this is often overlooked by well-intentioned parents and coaches. Changing the Game is a guide to help parents and coaches understand, and cultivate, a high performance mindset. Here is what people are saying:
He also discusses the many issues in youth sports today, not the least of which is the adult takeover of kids games. We stream 10 year old baseball games toour offices, we buy $400 bats and $300 shoes, chasing the myth of scholarships and guaranteed high achievement. At a time when popular culture is promoting numerous self centered values, our children need sports more then ever to teach them about courage, discipline, commitment, and humility. Yet 70% of kids are dropping out of sports by the age of 13, most of them because sports are no longer fun! This must change. The book outlines the 7 C's of a happy, high performing mindset, and provides practical guidance to parents and coaches on the simple ways to make athletics a positive and rewarding experience for your young athletes. They are:
Finally, Changing the Game calls upon all of us to join the revolution and take our children's games away from the adults who have overrun them, and give them back to the kids. Change your family, change your team, change your club, and together we can change our country!
Get a Copy/eBook from Your Favorite Bookseller:
by John O’Sullivan
In this eBook (print copies also available) John O’Sullivan has complied the latest research into the physical, social and psychological impacts of early vs late sport specialization, so that parents and coaches can lead their athletes down the right path when it comes to youth sports. You will learn:
We often spend hundreds of dollars on equipment, and thousands on coaching and travel, but in reality the environment we create for our young athlete has a much larger affect on their overall performance. Join other parents and coaches and Gain Instant Access to Hours of Videos designed to help you raise and coach high performing athletes. In them you will:
– learn how to find the right environment for your athlete, so that she can reach her potential at her own pace
– learn the secrets of raising confident, fearless competitors, so that your athletes do not fear failure, embrace the process of learning, and develop a mindset of high-performance
– Discover how to strip away all the things that interfere with your child’s performance so that he may play up to his ability despite his coach and other outside pressures
– Gain certainty that the path you are on is the right one, or get some direction on how to change in a positive way, so that you know your money and time is being well spent
– Learn how to avoid the many pitfalls that parents and coaches face today, so that you know which coaches and organizations are telling you the truth about things like winning vs development, scholarships, etc.
– Learn how to push your athlete, and communicate with them in a way that is open and constructive, and builds your relationship instead of making it stressful
– Put the enjoyment back in sports for your child and your family, so that sport can become so much more than wins and losses, and be filled with character building experience. Click Below to Grab our Video Series for only $47 (usually $97)
Each video is accompanied by a PDF document for you to print and take notes, as well as a list of discussion questions for you and your child. These documents will become your Youth Sports Owners Manual, which you can refer back to often whenever you have questions or concerns about your child’s athletic experience.