Respect the Kids, Respect the Game
This 60-minute online course is a series of clips from our keynote presentation "Changing the Game In Youth Sports." In it we cover the 3 big myths that cause kids to quit sports, and 3 ways parents can help their athletes to perform their very best. Each section contains activities and question that parents can discuss with their children to help forge a stronger connection, develop not just the athlete but the whole person, and make sports a better experience for all involved. (Group pricing available for orders of 10 or more, email John@ChangingTheGameProject.com to find out more.)
We often spend hundreds of dollars on equipment, and thousands on coaching and travel, but in reality, the environment we create for our young athlete has a much larger effect on their overall performance. Join other parents and coaches and Gain Instant Access toHours of Videos designed to help you raise and coach high performing athletes. In them you will:
- learn how to find the right environment for your athlete, so that she can reach her potential at her own pace
- learn the secrets of raising confident, fearless competitors, so that your athletes do not fear failure, embrace the process of learning, and develop a mindset of high-performance
- Discover how to strip away all the things that interfere with your child’s performance so that he may play up to his ability despite his coach and other outside pressures
- Gain certainty that the path you are on is the right one, or get some direction on how to change in a positive way, so that you know your money and time is being well spent
- Learn how to avoid the many pitfalls that parents and coaches face today so that you know which coaches and organizations are telling you the truth about things like winning vs development, scholarships, etc.
- Learn how to push your athlete, and communicate with them in a way that is open and constructive, and builds your relationship instead of making it stressful
- Put the enjoyment back in sports for your child and your family, so that sport can become so much more than wins and losses, and be filled with character building experience
"No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care." This is one of the 12 Core Values of the University of North Carolina Women's Soccer team, a team that has won 21 NCAA National Titles and sent 57 players on to play for the US National Soccer Team. Their coach, Anson Dorrance, understands that coaching is not simply about technique and tactics; it is about connection, effective communication, and building high character teams and individuals. Drawing upon lessons learned from some of the world's greatest coaches, this one hour course will provide coaches with activities to do with their athletes that will build connection, improve communication, and develop effective teams. By doing so, you can have your best season ever! (GROUP DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE FOR SCHOOLS, CLUBS AND YOUTH SPORTS ORGS)
Coaching Mastery is our 6-part online course that delves deep into leadership, athlete psychology, building team culture, engaging parents, coaching best practices, and long-term athlete development. It includes over 10 hours of interviews with leading Olympic and Professional Sports Psychologists, Skill Acquisition Experts, authors, conflict resolution experts, and so much more. The course has 3 basic parts: Leadership, Team Culture, and Long-Term Athletic Development. It is our most popular course.